Dream Class Academy
Registered the academy yet?
If u don't, its your chance.
Join the Dream Class, complete your wishs.
Dream Class Academy
Registered the academy yet?
If u don't, its your chance.
Join the Dream Class, complete your wishs.
Dream Class Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesLog inDeck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck KaibacorppRegister
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» henry's gfx shop
Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:24 pm by henryxp

» what are u listening at the moment
Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:05 pm by henryxp

» the ban game
Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:43 pm by henryxp

» Cyber Test Deck
Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:42 pm by henryxp

» Sacred Creator of darkness
Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:41 pm by henryxp

» DCA????????????????????????
Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:48 am by henryxp

» Level Game
Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:27 pm by henryxp

» UNLEASH THE ZODIAC PT 1
Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:03 pm by henryxp

» 3 word game
Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:58 pm by henryxp

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Forum
Top posters
Fred_deathmaster
Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck Vote_lcap2Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck Voting_bar2Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_vote_rcap 
3E-hero neos
Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck Vote_lcap2Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck Voting_bar2Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_vote_rcap 
henryxp
rubencarvalho
Sheodon
Yami-Malik
Dart_Himself
Atlus
mumakil
OverlordMMM

Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dart_Himself
Active Duelist
Active Duelist
Dart_Himself

Reputação : 7

Duelist
Duel Points: 140

Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck Empty
PostSubject: Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck   Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:04 pm

Alright, this is my first report for Dream Class Academy. I figure that I should probably start with the basics.
When you play Yu-gi-oh, you are attempting to meet one of 3 conditions:
1.Your opponents Life Points (LP) becomes zero
2.Your opponent is unable to draw any more cards (decking out)
3.You achieve a One Turn Kill (OTK/FTK)
These are the possible win conditions, and for my first couple articles, I'll break them down into what exactly you're looking for in a deck.
For now, let's start with the basics. Obviously, the easiest way to win is by destroying your opponents LP. There are two ways to do this:
1.Battle Damage, or damage done by attacking/defending
2.Effect Damage, or damage done by card effects (burn damage)
Again, for today, we're focusing on the absolute basics, Battle Damage. We'll cover Effect Damage next time.
When Yu-gi-oh was first released (such a glorious day!), the only real strategy was to play your biggest monster as fast as possible, and demolish your opponent with it. This strategy is still commonplace, and is good for anyone who is new to the game. Today, I'm going to build a deck specifically for this strategy with you, known as a beatdown deck.
Obviously, it's all about demolishing through your opponents defenses. As such, here is the monster list:
Monsters:
2x Berserk Gorilla: good beatstick
2x Chainsaw Insect: good beatstick
1x Crusader of Endymion: solid beatstick, with buffing effects
1x Gigantes: special summoned beatstick, with MT removal
2x Goblin Attack Force: solid one time beatstick
2x Goblin Elite Attack Force: solid one time beatstick
1x Indomitable Fighter Lei Lei: solid one time beatstick
2x Spear Dragon: good one time beatstick with piercing damage
2x Thunder King Rai-Oh: solid beatstick with good lockdown effects
1x Trap Eater: solid beatstick, destroys enemy's continuous trap
1x Cyber Dragon: solid beatstick with quick summoning
1x Jinzo: Solid beatstick with anti trap effect (careful with this one, it hurts u 2!)
1x Gorz: A staple in any deck to help prevent a swarm OTK
1x Beast King Barbaros: monster destruction, quick summon capability
As can be easily seen, this list focuses entirely on one thing: ATTACKING! Your main goal is bring your opponents LP down to 3000 or less, then play Barbaros, clear their field with his effect, and swing at him for the rest of his LP.
For spells, we want to do two things: help our attack efforts, and cover our bases. One well placed Mirror Force can destroy this deck, so we have to be prepared.
Spells:
1x Axe of Despair: +1000 ATK, what more needs to be said?
1x United We Stand: anywhere from 800-4000 ATK boost
1x Mage Power: anywhere from 500-2500 ATK boost
1x Banner of Courage: quick 200 ATK boost to all your monsters
1x Burden of the Mighty: debuffs your enemy, helping deal more damage
1x Savage Colosseum: forces your opponent to attack your monsters and lose LP
1x Heavy Storm: a staple in any deck, clears MT for a major blow
1x Mystical Space Typhoon: quick-play MT destruction
1x Shrink: Just in case, halves enemy ATK
1x Reload: Just in case of a bad draw, “reloads” your hand
The spells seem simple enough to deal with. However, because of the fact that you are relying on your monsters more than your MT, it's a good idea to throw some lockdown cards in there, just in case. Observe below.
Traps:
1x Skill Drain: locks down effects, abusable with most monsters in deck (BKB)
1x Chain Burst: locks down traps
1x Curse of Darkness: locks down spells
1x Mirror Force: can be abused with Savage Colosseum
1x Magic Cylinder: again, can be abused
1x Solemn Judgement: staple, can counter ANYTHING
1x Dark Bribe: counter MT
1x Divine Wrath: Counter Effect (in case of Brionac, etc.)
1x Forced Back: if used right, leaves enemy open for huge blow
1x Spiritual Earth Art-Kurogane: in case of a monster destruction effect
Yes, the lockdown does affect you. But once spells, traps, and monster effects are out of the way, you can very easily win in a battle of strength! Oh, and to explain Kurogane further: your opponent Raigeki Breaks one of your earth attribute monsters. Activate this, tribute the targeted monster, and summon another! Since you activated in chain, they're card becomes useless!
Well, there you have it. Take note: this is NOT a Tier 1 deck. This is merely an easy to use beginner deck with some potential. Any questions, comments, or fixes, please post, I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. Next time: the ever popular “Burn Deck”!
Back to top Go down
Fred_deathmaster
Virtual Boss
Fred_deathmaster

Male Mensagens : 456
Reputação : 16

Duelist
Duel Points: 260

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck   Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:42 pm

Good guide!
Hope this helps new members.
Continue working on more.
Oh, I think that trap eater is no really good here, since its pretty hard to your opponent having continuos traps nowadays- Also there are too many power monsters too the deck, wich may easly get destroys with lightning vortex.
Back to top Go down
https://dreamclassacademy.forumeiros.com
Dart_Himself
Active Duelist
Active Duelist
Dart_Himself

Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck   Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:01 pm

Trap eater is there just in case. LS is meta right now, and Light spiral can be a problem.
You make a valid point about Lightning vortex, nut i never really had a problem with restocking my field when I tested it. The only problem I had was against a mill deck (damn book of tayou/book of moon/morphing jar!)
I'll post a guide to burn decks sometime in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
Fred_deathmaster
Virtual Boss
Fred_deathmaster

Male Mensagens : 456
Reputação : 16

Duelist
Duel Points: 260

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck   Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:05 pm

my best deck is a milling, it screw every deck.
in this case, sycnhro may beat it easly, since its a good power deck but not more.
But that remains more in the type of deck than the deck u made.
But a trap eater in nthng may sound stupid...as well as for making such atk support u could take out some power monsters to add skill drain and final attack orders for more power...
Back to top Go down
https://dreamclassacademy.forumeiros.com
3E-hero neos
meta hater
3E-hero neos

Male Mensagens : 364
Reputação : 12

Duelist
Duel Points: 270

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck   Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:16 pm

good guide deck for newbies I think this is skil drain/beatstick /burn/anti meta wich could be random but it's for newbies so it's actually pretty awesomexD
but I'd tech in prime material dragon and swap reload with allure(reload is -1 allure is +0)
of course I coud give more suggestions but that would ruin this deck idea
thx for making this deck for those who need it/like beatdowns cheers
Back to top Go down
Dart_Himself
Active Duelist
Active Duelist
Dart_Himself

Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck   Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:31 pm

Fred_deathmaster wrote:
my best deck is a milling, it screw every deck.
in this case, sycnhro may beat it easly, since its a good power deck but not more.
But that remains more in the type of deck than the deck u made.
But a trap eater in nthng may sound stupid...as well as for making such atk support u could take out some power monsters to add skill drain and final attack orders for more power...

True, could also throw in a fusilier, but that would move it away from an all purpose deck and more into specifically being a skill drain. maybe a discord to prevent synchro (if it ever makes it to KCVDS)
Back to top Go down
henryxp
Top student
Top student
henryxp

Male Mensagens : 211
Reputação : 13

Duelist
Duel Points: 5

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck   Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:58 pm

good guide for the newbies Dart and whoafaly when the newbies join this site they can look at ur guide that u put out and u will be the newbie saver person lol!
Back to top Go down
http://team-henry.pokemonlegend.org
Dart_Himself
Active Duelist
Active Duelist
Dart_Himself

Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck   Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:50 am

That's what I'm hoping for! hi5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck   Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deck Building for Dummies: The Beatdown Deck
Page 1 of 1